Saturday, December 26, 2009

Allergy to handcream or chemicals at work?

I work in a resturant and as such I wash my hands a lot. I have been working there for about a month. I knew I might get raw hands as a result of this I got some hand Cream to try to prevent this. Now I have this one weird rash on my right hand near my thumb. I was off of work for a few days and I decided that would be a good time to figure out wheather I was allergic to the chemicals or the hand cream. I stopped using the hand cream. I went to work today and the rash appeard. I figured I was allegic to the chemicals. I figured then that It was safe to use the cream I put it on and the rash got worse it also had a wired sensation to it. I also have some injury as a result of extreme cold that I recieved Tuesday this only effected my ears and my right wrist. The hand cream in question is Acon Skin So Soft Winter Soft with Hydroseal Complex Hand Cream. Any links, or information is welcomed. If it remains for long time I might call my physicianAllergy to handcream or chemicals at work?
There are lots of ingredients in that hand cream to be allergic to. Also you did not specify whether you wash dishes at the restaurant or just wash your hands a lot. Try putting plain old hydrocortisone cream on the rash for awhile, bring in your own handsoap and use it. If you are washing dishes or any of that, use gloves. That hand cream has a lot of botanicals in it, which, while they are great, are also made from plants and can trigger allergies. Try putting just plain old petroleum jelly on your hands at night with a pair of cotton gloves. They will be soft and moisturized next morning.Allergy to handcream or chemicals at work?
Annie: Your hand cream has paraben. This causes lots of allergies in people. Look for a cream that is paraben free. Since you have to wash your hands alot you need to have a hand cream that does not have parabens or formaldehyde


I am including a link to a cream that doesn't have that stuff in it. You can look in your drugstore or order it on-line. I use their hair stuff and I use the Vanicream on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment